Children and youth, between a pandemic and a war, raised awareness on the challenges faced
by children and young people, placed under state protection services, as well as on the entire
social activity of Suceava county.
Timeframe: June – December 2022
• Reducing inequalities, promoting equal chances and non-discrimination amongst targeted groups
• Providing emotional support for 394 children aged 6 to 26 across Suceava county
• Developing 18 Creative writing & Arts workshops
• Organising 1 community event to raise awareness of current challenges faced by the social protection system
• Publishing the book called Social protection – between a pandemic and a war – a glimpse of the social protection services in Suceava county, for the past 25 years with a focus on current issues and hopes for the future
`These pages, above all, portray pieces of their (the children) souls, as well as inserts from staff eager to share their stories. Moreso, reading the book, you will learn the ins and outs of teamwork, how grassroot systems provide for children and above all, how detrimental to children’s’ development is putting youth, children and adults together.` Oana Vasiliu, book editor.