Easter is the most important festival in the Christian calendar and it celebrates new life. The Easter story is at the heart of Christianity.
Moreso, Easter is about time spent with the family in joy and happiness. But must we not forget, during these significant times, families in disadvantaged communities.
Every year we try to support families in need and help them enjoy Easter with their children and family members.
In 2015, 50 disadvantaged and orphan children from a nearby village received a quite unexpected hamper for Easter.
FUN EASTER FACTS FOR KIDS
- ● The idea of the Easter Bunny originated in Germany
- ● Germans believed the Easter Bunny was a white hare that would leave colorful eggs for good girls and boys on Easter Morning.
- ● The girls and boys would wake up Easter morning and build nests out of sticks and leaves so the Easter Bunny can leave them the eggs. This is how the first Easter Hunts started.
- ● Original Easter baskets were made to look like nests now children receive colorful baskets filled with eggs and candies from the Easter Bunny.
- ● When most people eat chocolate Easter bunnies they eat the ears first.
- ● Pretzels were a food that was associated with Easter. It is believed that pretzels are the world’s oldest snack food.
- ● Guinness Book of World Records stated the largest Easter Egg made was 25ft high and made of chocolate and marshmallow.